Alien Abduction has always been at the outer fringes of the UFO community. In the early years of UFO research, attention was focused on lights in the sky and the occasional physical evidence of a landing, such as a burned circular area at the landing site or damage done to nearby tree tops. Reports of being taken aboard a flying craft were largely dismissed by serious researchers as the fantasies of UFO “enthusiasts.” But the reports of direct contact with ETs from all over the world kept piling up, and they began to sound very similar to each other in many respects.
Most people have seen the movie, Close Encounters of the Third Kind. The movie took its title from the classifications of Close Encounters (CEs), as described by Dr. J. Allen Hynek. Here is his list.
Close Encounters if the First Kind (CE-1): A sighting of a UFO.
Close Encounters if the Second Kind (CE-2): An observation of a UFO with associated physical effects from the UFO, including heat or radiation, damage to terrain, interference with engines or TV or radio reception, frightened animals, etc.
Close Encounters if the Third Kind (CE-3): An observation of UFO occupants. Dr. Hynek was reluctant at first to include this classification, but here were just too many such reports and he felt that he couldn’t ignore them.
Not included in Hynek’s original list of Close Encounters is CE4: Alien Abduction. As with the CE-3 observations, there were just too many reports of actual ET contacts in bedrooms all across America that the fact of Alien Abduction had to be researched.1
CE-4 has, over the years, attracted the keen interest of UFO researchers, for it has the greatest potential to answer the important questions, where do they come from , why are they here, and what do they want from us. Here is some of what we’ve learned about Alien Abduction.
Its generational, meaning if you’re involved in this phenomenon, then it’s quite likely that your parents are too, and that your grandparents were, and your great grandparents, etc, etc, etc. Accidental encounters such as apparently happened to Travis Walton, are extremely rare.
UFOology has generally accepted that there are approximately 70 different species of sentient life visiting Earth, and not all of them apparently are extraterrestrials.2 Some (specifically the Grays) appear to easily pass between the physical world (what we call reality) and the ethereal plane of existence, an invisible dimension that co-exists along side our material plane. It’s perhaps better to call these beings interdimensionals, instead of extraterrestrials. Many night-time abductions (or visits) appear to take place out-of-body, where the spirit of the person is taken while the physical body is left in bed undisturbed. These encounters take place on the ethereal (or astral) plane.
Over the years, UFO research has apparently uncovered two different agendas of the Grays, the species of ET most often reported.3
- The monitoring of specific family bloodlines (the generational aspect mentioned earlier): Most Abductee/Experiencers don’t know that they’re in contact with ETs. They live their lives totally unaware of their periodic medical “check-ups” conducted by beings not of this Earth (or dimension). These human subjects are a link in a family chain that reaches back millennia in time, and are being monitored because of their DNA strand. Those ubiquitous scoop marks often reported by Abducted/Experiencers are identical to earthly “punch biopsies” used to take DNA samples.
Specific groups of people are apparently monitored more than others. Native Americans and indigenous people the world over are prime candidates, as are the Celtic and Irish with their direct ties to Neanderthal Man. We recently discovered, for example, that the gene for red hair comes directly from the Neanderthals, who lived along side and mated with Homo Sapiens, before dying out as a parallel species. (For a bloodline, you cant’ get older than that!) The fact that the Grays are keeping track of the overall physical health of these ancient genetic strands, suggests how long they’ve been interacting with humans.
The Human-Alien Hybrid Program: This part of the ET agenda was a long time in being recognized. The pioneering research of Budd Hopkins uncovered a disquieting fact, that many pregnant women were being “robbed” of their fetuses. These pregnancies had been verified through ultrasound imaging, and some fetuses were taken as late as in the seventh month. The poor women were often accused of aborting their children by their obstetricians, even though there was no physical evidence of such a procedure. Some Abductee/Experiencers, such as Betty Andreasson-Luca, described seeing fetuses floating in large clear containers, while aboard a UFO. There were also reports of women being taken aboard a UFO and shown their hybrid children, in an apparent effort to get them to bond with one another. For whatever reason, the Grays are creating a Human hybrid variation of themselves.
- Another aspect of this phenomenon that has only recently been acknowledged by UFO researchers is the intensifying of spiritual or religious feelings on the part of Abductee/Experiencers. The late Dr. John Mack, Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard put it this way, “The third dimension of the abduction phenomenon might variously be defined as ‘growth engendering,’ or ‘spiritual.’ One of the most intense debates in this field occurs around the question of whether these changes in the psyche of the experiencers – no researchers seem to deny that such change, even transformation, does in fact occur in some cases – is an intrinsic aspect of the phenomenon, even its ‘purpose’ or ‘intention,’ or is instead a kind of by-product, reflecting human creativity, resilience, and adaptability in the face of the traumatic challenge, or is even the result of alien trickery or deception.”4 Of all the different components of the Abduction phenomenon, the spiritual aspect will probably prove the most troublesome for researchers.
So are you an Abductee/Experiencer? To help you answer that question, here are 13 of the most common indicators of a Close Encounter of the Fourth Kind, a “test” for Alien Abduction.
- A “Missing Time” episode, memories of an incident where there was an apparent jump in time.
- “Night Terrors,” waking up abruptly in the middle of the night with heart racing, or have nightmares about UFOs or Aliens.
- Night-Time Sleep disorders, such as chronic insomnia. Might not be able to sleep but a few hours at a time during the night, but can usually sleep more soundly during the day.
- A feeling of pressure on the body, or waking up to a “tingling” or “burning” feeling.
- Unexplained physical marks, such as bruises, scars, scabs, scrapes, puncture marks or scoop marks. These usually don’t hurt, although they often look as if they should.
- Memories of seeing a UFO.
- Fear or anxiety of UFOs or Extraterrestrials.
- Memories of a close encounter, or communication with something strange or unusual.
- Unexplained or “spontaneous” healings.
- Feelings of being watched or monitored.
- A personal sense of mission, or a change in consciousness or personality.
- Heightened feelings of compassion, or spirituality.
- Heightened psychic ability.
NOTE: Be aware that some of these signs of Alien Abduction are often interpreted as symptoms of mental illness.
1 In 1992 Robert Bigelow commissioned a survey by the Roper Organization to determine how many people share the most common indicators of Alien Abduction. The result suggested that 7 million Americans (2% of the population) might be involved in the phenomenon. Note: If you Google it, be sure to include the year. Roper did another smaller Internet survey in 1999, but the 1992 polling was done in “face to face” interviews in almost 6,000 homes across the country.
2 (The number 70 came originally from Betty Andreasson-Luca, probably the most well documented Experiencer to date. Her story was chronicled in a series of books by UFO researcher, Raymond E. Fowler.)
3 In Europe it used to be the Reptilians who were most often reported seen, but that changed in the last couple of decades and it’s now the Grays.
4 John Mack, Passport to the Cosmos: Human Transformation and Alien Encounters, New York, NY: Crown Publishers, 1999